By allowing minor crimes of theft and vandalism to be reported online, a municipality can provide easy access to police services while freeing up officers and resources for more pressing matters. Online reporting gives citizens 24/7 access to crime reporting, allowing citizens to fill out police reports at their own convenience without the added stress of having to speak to an officer or go to a precinct. The municipality is also better able to direct resources where they are needed most. Instead of having police officers take initial reports, their time can be allocated more efficiently regarding the most pressing priorities.
- NJ Spotlight Op-ed: Newark sets the national standard for civic empowerment
- Citizen Power & The Art of No-Blame Problem Solving: A 21st Century Citizens Manual
- The Citizens Campaign Releases New Catalog
- Newark Civic Trustee presents Solutions Civics to the Newark Board of Education.
- Mayor Ras Baraka Publicly Declares Newark as the first “Civic City” in the Nation