Bradley Gonmiah, member of the Newark Student Union and Newark Civic Trustee, spoke at the July 12, 2018 Board of Education meeting to ask members to consider implementing Solutions Civics in the school district. He explained that the Citizens Manual teaches students how to become leaders and change agents in their local government. He was supported by fellow members of the Newark Civic Trust including Wilhelmina Holder, and Brian Taylor. Board of Ed member Leah Owens thanked Bradley for his presentation and suggested it be placed in the agenda for discussion at the next Board of Ed meeting.
- NJ Spotlight Op-ed: Newark sets the national standard for civic empowerment
- Citizen Power & The Art of No-Blame Problem Solving: A 21st Century Citizens Manual
- The Citizens Campaign Releases New Catalog
- Newark Civic Trustee presents Solutions Civics to the Newark Board of Education.
- Mayor Ras Baraka Publicly Declares Newark as the first “Civic City” in the Nation