Power Civics provides training in no-blame problem solving and effective citizen leadership for adults, including how to identify and advance a solution that will benefit your city or town. Click on the videos available in this section and download the notes for each. There is additional materials also available in this section of the website that imparts more useful information. Advanced Power Civics courses are now being taught at Rutgers Newark School of Public Affairs, where they are being incorporated into the Honors, Living and Learning Community program and we are in discussions with more colleges to offer them. As part of the community service requirement for these courses, students will organize and lead community power civics forums.
- Mayor Ras Baraka Publicly Declares Newark as the first “Civic City” in the Nation
- Solutions Forum on police/community relations at Thomas Edison State University
- Newark Civic Trustee presents Solutions Civics to the Newark Board of Education.
- Newark School District Adopts Solutions Civics
- Rutgers-Newark introduces Power Civics to college students in 2 courses